The latest research indicates that planet Earth is home to at least nine million different species and classes of living organisms, but did you know that insects comprise more than 70% of these genera?
Insects were here long before humans came to be and they’ll be here long after we’re gone, so we need to do our best to understand their tendencies and how to keep them out of our buildings.
They go by many names – creepy-crawlies, aphids, vermin, and even pains in the neck – but here are some specifics that you must be wary of:
- Ants are renowned for their rapid reproductive capabilities. Some super colonies actually have upwards of 300 million members, so if you see one ant you can be assured that there are many more prowling around your property.
- People often mistake bed bug bites for mosquito bites. If you wake up with itchy, rosy spots on your body, you might have a bed bug problem.
- Cockroaches have incomparable appetites. They’ll eat adhesives, faeces, and even each other, which makes them particularly tough to eradicate without professional help.
- A single flea can generate nearly 1,000 offspring during its lifecycle, and their eggs are impervious to most retail pesticides.
- Wasps hibernate much like bears. The colder months are not a cure-all for wasp infestations.
No matter how clean your property is, if you see a pest romping in a room, you need to get in touch with the best pest control in Huddersfield.
Is Expert Pest Control Expensive?
The lion’s share of pest problems can be exterminated in a single day and acclaimed operators can also implement non-toxic deterrent plans that can be sustained for months on end, so don’t bury your head in the sand – get a toll-free pest control quote right now.